Tuesday, August 28, 2012

the happiest 5k on earth

The Before Picture
The After Picture
Tara and Me throwing our team color in the air! 



Months ago I signed up for THE COLOR RUN. After I signed up, I followed them on Facebook and I've been able to watch people in a bunch of cities do the 5k themselves! The pictures afterwards are insane, it's basically a fun run and a massive photo shoot. If you've done the race or plan on it - I highly recommend "liking" the Facebook page. 
But the day itself didn't start off as peachy as it ended up - in fact, it started with me attempting to wake Claire up. She signed up when I did, months ago, and it wasn't until recently that the idea of her not coming entered my mind. Conor made a $5 bet with me that she wouldn't wake up this past Sunday morning, and even though I hate it when he's right...he was. I should have known when she told me she was going out with her cousin Caitlin to a party the night before...and she wore heels. 
So we left the house that morning at 7am without Claire. I met Tara and my family and we were ready to rock and roll! 

People, including our team, were pulling over mid-race to snap pictures and have a dance party in the color. We even broke into a couple of our team's green bags to mess around and throw color at people mid-race. 

The race was fun and I definitely recommend it to anybody in cities where it hasn't gone down yet this year, and to anyone who wants to do it next year.

Are you a COLOR RUNNER
Did you love THE COLOR RUN?


2 comments:

  1. you have such a pretty blog! i love your design! really beautiful (:

    http://katzisblog.blogspot.co.at/

    xx

    ReplyDelete